In over 80 years of company history, Fendt has always brought ground-breaking technological developments onto the market and set important milestones in agricultural engineering. This history will continue, because Fendt has always stood for progress as a tradition.
Successful tractor history – written by Fendt
1930: With the Dieselross, the first European 6 hp small tractor, featuring mower and mounted plough, Fendt entered into a period of growth.
1937: The Dieselross F 18 (16 HP) was equipped with a travel-independent power shift PTO.
1949: Monthly production of 20 Dieselross F 18 (18 hp) tractors
1953: The 12 hp Fendt tool carrier with four mounting areas is presented for the first time. 1959 Fendt received the highest award of the German Agricultural Society for its ingenious one-man system.
1958: The Favorit 1, trendsetting in appearance and technology, for example, it had a 40-hp engine and a multi-speed close-ratio gearbox.
1968: Farmer 3 S (48 HP) with fluid flywheel (Turbomatic) – trend-setting technology.
1975: Specialty tractors for wine, hops and fruit-growing (42, 50 and 65 HP).
1976: New standards for high horsepower tractors: The Favorit LS range with comfort cab, six-cylinder engines (85 to 150 hp).
1979: Ahead of their time: The high-horsepower tractors Favorit 622 LS (211 hp) and 626 LS (252 hp).
1980: The 300 Farmer range defined a new tractor trend: 40 km/h, four-wheel braking system, Turbomatic and comfort cab with rubber bearings.
1984: The original all-round vision tractor, the 380 GTA, is launched.
1987: High-tech with compact dimensions distinguishes the 200 series, ranging from 40 to 75 HP, for wine, fruit and hops-growing.
1993: Trailblazing: The 800 series high-horsepower tractors are the first high-horsepower tractors in the world with turboshift, hydropneumatic suspension for the cab and front axle and a top speed of 50 km/h.
1994: The Favorit 500 C series (95 to 140 hp) incorporates successful features such as a top speed of 50 km/h, suspension and turboshift in the mid-sized class.
1995: World première at the Agritechnica: the 926 Vario, the world’s first high-horsepower tractor with stepless Vario transmission.
1997: The globally active US agricultural equipment corporation AGCO acquires the tractor manufacturer Xaver Fendt GmbH & Co.
1998: The new Vario 700 range is launched. The innovative Variotronic operating system receives international awards. The first Fendt combine is introduced.
1999: With the slogan "Vario 2000", Fendt presents a complete Vario line with eleven models from 86 to 270 hp.
Fendt in the 21st century
2002: Expansion of Fendt harvesting equipment: C-Series combine, round balers, square balers.
2005: Fendt presents the 936 Vario with 360 hp and a top speed of 60 km/h along with the 312 Vario at the Agritechnica. This Dieselross is 75 years old.
2006: Five new Vario ranges with a total of 21 new models with maximum power ranging from 95 to 360 hp are launched.
2007: Fendt introduces the project study TRISIX, a future-oriented high performance vehicle, at the Agritechnica. Furthermore, a tractor that runs on rapeseed oil and a new front loader are also presented.
2008: Eleven new combine models are presented at the Fendt Field Day in Wadenbrunn. The rotary combine with 459 hp is equipped with the largest rotor currently available in the industry.
2009: Fendt starts series production of the 200 Vario V/F/P specialty tractors. The new 200 Vario and 800 Vario and the Fendt hybrid combine are presented at the Agritechnica.
2010: The first Fendt Efficient Technology models are introduced at the Fendt Field Day in Wadenbrunn: the new 800 Vario and the 900 Vario with up to 390 hp. Moreover, the Fendt forage harvester is presented for the first time.
2011: The new 700 Vario with new VisioPlus cab is launched with success. The first Fendt Katana 65 put in operation in customer fields.
2012: The historical year in Fendt history:
- Launch of the new 300 Vario series with SCR technology
- Fendt Field Day in Wadenbrunn with 58,000 visitors
- Opening of the world’s most modern factory network for tractors in Marktoberdorf/Bäumenheim and launch of the 500 Vario
2013: Fendt innovations at the Agritechnica
- The new Fendt 800 Vario. Superior. To the last detail.
- The new Fendt 900 Vario. Can do more. Does it better.
- The new Fendt X and P-Series combines.
- The new Fendt Katana 85 forage harvester.
- Fendt optimises its square baler line.
- The Fendt X Concept. The new potential.
2014: Fendt Field Day in Wadenbrunn
- The new Fendt 300 Vario. Yes.
- The new Fendt 700 Vario. The perfectionist.
- The Fendt 1000 Vario.
- The new Fendt L-Series. Simply harvest efficiently.
- The Fendt C-Series Climb up into the premium class.
- Fendt Variotronic. The leading edge through integration.
2015: A rain of medals and rush of visitors at Agritechnica
2016: 250,000 Fendt Vario winning transmissions
- Premier of the 1050 Vario in Brazil
- Fendt 1000 Vario meets Dieselross - major Fendt convention in Switzerland
- Fendt tractors now available in Fendt Nature Green
- The new 500 Vario. Your ideal perspective
- Fendt Vario winning transmission - 250,000 times over.
- The Gold SIMA Innovation Award for innovative combine system
- Widening the doors into the Fendt world with an extension to the Fendt Forum visitors' centre
- Full Fendt power – this was the Fendt Saaten-Union Field Day 2018
- 100 years of innovation – AGCO Feucht GmbH celebrates its anniversary
- Fendt at the 65th World Ploughing Championship 2018
- AGCO/Fendt continues to grow
- Harvest your success: The new Fendt forage harvesting solution
2019: Fendt goes to South America
- Fendt – Making a stand at the SIMA 2019
- Topping out ceremony for the extension to the Fendt Forum
- Arrival in Brazil with big machines
- The new Fendt 900 Vario – Ready for more
- Fendt launches first telehandler
- Christoph Gröblinghoff to be appointed new Managing Director
and Chairman of the AGCO/Fendt Management Board
2020: Into the future, with 100% Vario and a new operating system
- World Economic Forum recognizes Fendt as frontrunner in Industry 4.0
- Construction of the new office building for researchers and developers in Marktoberdorf started
- Fendt IDEAL 9T triumphs with throughput performance and harvest quality
- With the new Fendt 1100 Vario MT Fendt is running 100% Vario again
- Admin tasks with the new operating concept in the machines Fendt 200, 300 and 700 Vario
- The Fendt 211 V Vario was awarded “Tractor of the Year 2021”